National Seniors Exclusive
Multiple departures available. Enquire for more details.
Seat options from Economy Class-Limited View to
Two Full-Service Qantas meals plus snacks
Full Bar Service including champagne, beer, spirits and soft drinks
Choose your viewing on the in seat entertainment system
Knowledge and leadership by experienced Antarctica
specialists and photographers
Our Antarctica Flights are a completely different experience from traditional ship-based Antarctic expeditions. They provide the opportunity to experience the Great White Continent in a single day from a unique perspective. Flying over the continent, Antarctica Flights offer passengers a greater appreciation of Antarctica’s sheer size and scale compared to ship-based expeditions. Depending on your departure city, you will travel between 9,500 km round trip (Melbourne regular flight) up to 13,500 km round trip (South Pole Flight). A team of Antarctica Experts from Chimu Adventures will be on board to explain the continent’s landscapes and history as you fly over Antarctica. Over the years, we have assembled one of Australia’s largest and most experienced Antarctica teams. We utilise the experience and knowledge of our staff to provide a fantastic experience for our clients.
Generally it takes around three hours of flying time south of Australia before we start to see scattered icebergs and shortly after we normally reach the continent itself, where, weather permitting, we’ll get to take in the dramatic mountains, glaciers and frozen landscapes of Antarctica.
For the regular Antarctica flights we will spend 3 - 4 hours flying over the Antarctic continent and weather permitting we’ll hope to reduce the flying altitude to approximately 20,000 feet to give improved viewing of some areas. The South Pole Flight will spend significantly longer over Antarctica, mostly at cruising altitude as we aim to reach the South Pole. On each departure date we carefully consider a number of factors, including weather, cloud cover and ice conditions to help provide you the best viewing experience on the day. Working with Qantas, we have
20 different potential flight paths to choose from, all of which have a variety of interesting features to see.
Qantas Dreamliner: Providing optimal comfort and space
Providing optimal comfort and space for every passenger is at the core of the Qantas Dreamliner design which features 236 seats - less than most other aircraft of its type. The aircraft is fitted with state-of-the-art technology to reduce turbulence, improve noise quality and reduced aircraft vibrations for a smoother flight. Every seat has been designed to offer the ultimate
comfort for long-haul flyers. The windows on the Dreamliner are 65% larger than comparable aircraft windows, providing an increased sense of space and the opportunity for passengers to see more of the world.
|CITY & DEP DATE||PREMIUM BUSINESS||BUSINESS||PREMIUM ECONOMY||ECONOMY NO WING||ECONOMY WING||ECONOMY LIMITED VIEW|
|Sydney 04 Dec 2021||$7,995||$6,495||$3,995||$3,195||$2,195||$1,195|
|Brisbane 23 January 2022||$7,995||$6,495||$3,995||$3,195||$2,195||$1,195|
|Perth 29 January 2022||$7,995||$6,495||$3,995||$3,195||$2,195||$1,195|
We take the health and safety of our passengers and crew seriously during COVID 19. As such we will be undertaking these additional COVID
safety measures during your Aurora flight, in partnership with Qantas and airport authorities:
- In the days prior to departure and for the peace of mind of all passengers, everyone boarding the flight will be required to complete a Health and Safety declaration form.
- A contactless temperature test will be conducted on all passengers prior to embarkation (depending on transmission rates in the state of departure at the time). Those people with a fever (38°C or higher) will be denied boarding, but, will receive a credit for a future Southern Light Flight.
- To reduce congestion on board, not all seats in Economy Class will be utilised. This will allow more space for passengers.
- Each passenger will receive a personal Qantas pack for the flight including disposable mask, sanitiser and disinfectant wipes.
- There is enhanced cleaning of the aircraft with a disinfectant effective against coronaviruses including during the seat swap process. The aircraft’s air conditioning system is fitted with hospital-grade HEPA filters, which remove 99.9% of all particles, including viruses. Air inside the cabin is refreshed every few minutes, ensuring high air quality.
- Additional sanitisers will be available on board throughout the duration of the flight.
- Depending on transition rates in your state at the date of departure and the latest medical advice at the time, there may be additional measures implemented closer to departure.
A non‑refundable deposit per passenger is due at the time of booking equivalent to:
1. Economy class seats AUD$500.00 per person
2. Premium Economy AUD$750.00 per person
3. Business class seats AUD$1000.00 per person
Final payment of your booking balance is required eight weeks prior to your departure date.
All fares and charges are per person in Australian dollars, including GST.
Should your 2021/2 season flight not be able to depart due to government restrictions with coronavirus, you can choose from either of the following:
1. Transfer to an alternative departure date at no extra cost.
2. Receive a full refund, excluding $75 per person administration fee.
3. A 100% travel credit to use when booking other Chimu Adventures product.
If you cancel, the following fees will apply;
1. Between confirmation and eight weeks prior to departure – full loss of deposit.
2. Between eight weeks and four weeks prior to departure – full refund less 50% cancellation fee.
3. Between four weeks and departure date – no refund
Travel insurance is strongly recommended.