National Seniors Exclusive
Multiple departures available. Enquire for more details.
Seat options from Economy Class-Limited View to
Two Full-Service Qantas meals plus snacks
Full Bar Service including champagne, beer, spirits and soft drinks
Choose your viewing on the in seat entertainment system
Knowledge and leadership by experienced Antarctica
specialists and photographers
Many people spend a small fortune to fly to Norway, Canada or the Arctic Circle to see the Northern lights, but did you realise that you can see the same phenomena on a flight departing from Australia? Take off onboard a Qantas Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, you will head south over the Southern Ocean towards Antarctica, aiming for latitudes of 62 degrees south where the Aurora Australis is brightest. We will take you far away from light pollution, high above the clouds and weather systems to see a magical and unforgettable display with uninterrupted views of the southern lights. Along the way you will see constellations, stars, and planets as you have never witnessed them before.
Throughout the flights you will receive a full inflight catering service in both business and economy classes. Expert astronomers will provide information on route about how an aurora is created, as well as pointing out their favourite night sky objects. They will instruct you on how to photograph an aurora and we will have a photographer onboard to assist on how best to use your cameras. At the latitudes we are heading to, it doesn’t get properly dark between September and March. That’s why The Aurora flights run between Autumn and Spring and we’ve chosen our flight times carefully during this period. On the flight we will fly to the Auroral Zone, which is an area around the South Magnetic Pole. The South Magnetic Pole moves over time and is actually much further north than the geographical South Pole. The South Magnetic Pole is currently located in the Southern Ocean, south of Australia and just off the coast of Antarctica.
Qantas Dreamliner: Providing optimal comfort and space
Providing optimal comfort and space for every passenger is at the core of the Qantas Dreamliner design which features 236 seats - less than most other aircraft of its type. The aircraft is fitted with state-of-the-art technology to reduce turbulence, improve noise quality and reduced aircraft vibrations for a smoother flight. Every seat has been designed to offer the ultimate
comfort for long-haul flyers. The windows on the Dreamliner are 65% larger than comparable aircraft windows, providing an increased sense of space and the opportunity for passengers to see more of the world.
|CITY & DEP DATE||PREMIUM BUSINESS||BUSINESS||PREMIUM ECONOMY||ECONOMY NO WING||ECONOMY WING||ECONOMY LIMITED VIEW|
|Sydney 04 April 2022||$6,995||$6,395||$3,995||$2,495||$2,095||$1,295|
|Melbourne 30 April 2022||$6,995||$6,395||$3,995||$2,495||$2,095||$1,295|
|Brisbane 28 May 2022||$7,695||$6,995||$4,495||$2,895||$2,395||$1,395|
|Perth 25 June 2022||$7,695||$6,995||$4,495||$2,895||$2,395||$1,395|
|Melbourne-Hobart 25 August 2022||$6,995||$6,395||$3,995||$2,495||$2,095||$1,295|
We take the health and safety of our passengers and crew seriously during COVID 19. As such we will be undertaking these additional COVID
safety measures during your Aurora flight, in partnership with Qantas and airport authorities:
- In the days prior to departure and for the peace of mind of all passengers, everyone boarding the flight will be required to complete a Health and Safety declaration form.
- A contactless temperature test will be conducted on all passengers prior to embarkation (depending on transmission rates in the state of departure at the time). Those people with a fever (38°C or higher) will be denied boarding, but, will receive a credit for a future Southern Light Flight.
- To reduce congestion on board, not all seats in Economy Class will be utilised. This will allow more space for passengers.
- Each passenger will receive a personal Qantas pack for the flight including disposable mask, sanitiser and disinfectant wipes.
- There is enhanced cleaning of the aircraft with a disinfectant effective against coronaviruses including during the seat swap process. The aircraft’s air conditioning system is fitted with hospital-grade HEPA filters, which remove 99.9% of all particles, including viruses. Air inside the cabin is refreshed every few minutes, ensuring high air quality.
- Additional sanitisers will be available on board throughout the duration of the flight.
- Depending on transition rates in your state at the date of departure and the latest medical advice at the time, there may be additional measures implemented closer to departure.
A non‑refundable deposit per passenger is due at the time of booking equivalent to:
1. Economy class seats AUD$500.00 per person
2. Premium Economy AUD$750.00 per person
3. Business class seats AUD$1000.00 per person
Final payment of your booking balance is required eight weeks prior to your departure date.
All fares and charges are per person in Australian dollars, including GST.
Should your 2021/2 season flight not be able to depart due to government restrictions with coronavirus, you can choose from either of the following:
1. Transfer to an alternative departure date at no extra cost.
2. Receive a full refund, excluding $75 per person administration fee.
3. A 100% travel credit to use when booking other Chimu Adventures product.
If you cancel, the following fees will apply;
1. Between confirmation and eight weeks prior to departure – full loss of deposit.
2. Between eight weeks and four weeks prior to departure – full refund less 50% cancellation fee.
3. Between four weeks and departure date – no refund
Travel insurance is strongly recommended.