$2,299.00 Member Price From
$2,355.00 Non-Member Price From
- BUENOS AIRES Known as the “Paris of the Americas”, Buenos Aires, the birthplace of the tango, is a city of contrasts. The glamour and elegance of its European roots are interwoven with its undeniable Latin American essence.
- MENDOZA Not only Argentina’s wine capital but one of the great wine capitals of the world. Mendoza is positioned at the foot of the Andes Mountains and is a bustling city boasting a distinctly European feel.
- EL CALAFATE A small town situated where the Santa Cruz plateau meets the Andes and arguably the national capital of the glaciers, El Calafate town is the gateway to Los Glaciares National Park.
- IGUAZU FALLS The spectacular Iguazu Falls is made up of numerous cascades producing vast sprays of water. On the Argentine side there is a network of trails that lead to different viewpoints of the 275 waterfalls that make up the Falls.
- BARILOCHE A city in the province of Patagonia, surrounded by silent millenary woods with indigenous botanical species lining the shores of the still lakes, Bariloche offers natural scenery of rugged beauty in the heart of Andean Patagonia.
- COLONIA, URUGUAY Only 50km from Buenos Aires by ferry, Colonia, in Uruguay, is a picturesque town filled with old colonial buildings and narrow cobbled streets. Colonia’s charm and its proximity to Buenos Aires draws thousands of visitors.
- Nine nights hotel accommodation based on 4-star hotels
- sightseeing with an English speaking local guide
A wonderful introduction to South America’s dynamic cities, its European history and the natural wonder of Iguazu Falls. Visit two of the most celebrated cities in South America – elegant and sophisticated Buenos Aires and the energetic city of Rio De Janeiro. Add to this the magnificent Iguazu Falls, the largest waterfalls in the world and a sight to behold.
WHY WE LOVE IT
- The colonial architecture and European influences. Visit the Plaza de Mayo and the colourful quarter of La Boca. In the evening, enjoy the music and dance of a tango show.
- The Iguazu Falls are one of South America's natural wonders, consisting of 275 separate waterfalls over a length of almost 5 kms.
- Take in the spectacular views over the city and beyond from Mount Sugarloaf and Corcovado and feel the pulse of the local people know as Cariocas on the beaches and in the nightlife of Copacabana.
BUENOS AIRES On arrival in Buenos Aires, you will be met and transferred to your hotel.
BUENOS AIRES Today you will discover this unique city with its mix of colonial architecture and European influences on an excursion that portrays the many faces of Buenos Aires. Pass the symbol of the city – the Obelisk, as well as the city’s top landmarks, including Plaza de Mayo and 9 de Julio Avenue (the widest avenue in the world), and explore the city’s most popular neighborhoods
BUENOS AIRES Spend the day at your leisure, with time to relax, shop and stroll around this magnificent city. Or you may choose to visit the Argentine countryside and spend a day at an estancia (ranch). This delightful and unique experience will allow you to enjoy the traditional dances and songs of the Argentine Gaucho and a delicious Argentine asado (barbecue). This evening, learn the dance of romance with a tango show and delicious dinner. The tango show traces the history of the dance from its birth in the red light districts.
BUENOS AIRES - IGUAZU FALLS Fly to Iguazu Falls where you will spend the next two nights in your hotel located on the Argentinian side of the falls.
IGUAZU FALLS Explore the Argentinian side of Iguazu Falls. Wander through the rainforest, marvelling at the huge variety of ferns, orchids, begonias, birds and butterflies seen while walking along the pathways. Head to Estacion Central, where you will board the train to Devil’s Throat station. Walk along the 1200m trail, to the most spectacular fall, Devil’s Throat. Spend the rest of the day exploring the numerous hiking trails and majestic waterfalls.
IGUAZU FALLS - RIO DE JANEIRO Depart your hotel in Iguazu and cross the international bridge that joins the cities of Puerto Iguazu (Argentina) and Foz do Iguazu (Brazil) to visit the Brazilian side of Iguazu Falls. Navigate the trails over the Iguazu River for amazing views back over to the Argentinian side of the falls. Continue along to see Iguazu Canyon, Salto Rivadavia and Tres Mosqueteros before arriving at Devil’s Throat lower viewpoint. The scenery is breathtaking, only enhanced by the colourful rainbows that cover the area. Continue to the airport for your onward flight to Rio de Janeiro. On arrival in Rio, you will be met and transferred to your hotel, your home for the next four nights.
RIO DE JANEIRO Explore Rio’s wonders in an open jeep and immerse yourself in this magnificent city, visiting Tijuca Forest, Corcovado, Sugar Loaf and the Botanic Gardens. Discover Tijuca Forest, known as the world’s largest urban forest, with its mix of nature and history. Ride to the top of the beautiful Corcovado Mountain, where the statue of Christ the Redeemer sits. Visit the world famous Sugar Loaf Mountain in the middle of the Guanabara Bay, which offers one of the most breathtaking views of the city.
RIO DE JANEIRO Today is yours to spend discovering Rio de Janeiro at your leisure. Perhaps join an optional jeep ride and discover one of the largest favela’s in Latin America, with around a 150,000 inhabitants. You’ll be able to see, hear and feel the rhythm and beat of the favela’s, the heart and soul of Brazil. Immerse yourself in the community by visiting local homes and schools and head to the headquarters of Rocinha’s samba school.
RIO DE JANEIRO A full day to spend at your leisure, where you can soak up the sun on world famous Copacabana Beach or buy those holiday souvenirs. For your last evening in the city, there is no other place in Rio that embodies the happiness of the Brazilian people more than the nightlife scene in the neighbourhood of Lapa. Once the sun goes down, this normally quiet neighbourhood turns into a bustling and vibrant area full of restaurants, nightclubs and bars. Visit one of the best clubs in Lapa, Rio Scenarium, a unique bar that is a mix between an antique shop and an auction room, where the locals come to listen to traditional Brazilian jazz and samba the night away.
RIO DE JANEIRO Transfer to the airport for your onward flight.